This programme is designed to allow graduates to develop and engage in human resource strategies that encourage long-term growth and development of expertise in organisations.
PBS is the pioneer institution to offer this programme. Graduates will be awarded a PBS MBA degree, CMI membership and Certificate of Advanced Human Resource Management (CAHRM).
The collaboration with Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM) contributes towards achieving PBS’ objective of nurturing human leaders.
Applicants must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree [Level 6, Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF)] with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or its equivalent as accepted by the PBS senate; or
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA below 2.75 but not lower than 2.50 will only be considered based on a strict internal assessment (including test, interview or portfolio); or
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field; or
- A recognised Postgraduate Certificate’s degree or its equivalent; or
- Other qualifications approved by the PBS Senate.
All international candidates graduated from degree programmes whereby English is not the medium of instruction must have obtained a minimum of 550 for the TOEFL Paper-based test or 80 for the Internet-based test, or IELTS Band 6.0, or MUET Band 5.0.
Delivery of Courses
- Lectures are conducted on alternate weekdays morning or evening, or weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
- There will be 1 – 2 weeks of inter trimester break
- Study duration is 1 year 4 months – 2 years.
|Trimester||No of Courses|
|5||Continue Project Paper|
- Lectures are conducted on alternate weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
- There will be 1 – 2 weeks of inter trimester break.
- Study duration is 2 years 8 months – 3 years.
|Trimester||No of Courses|
|Total courses of 15 (14 x 3 credits + 1 x 6 credits)||48 credit hours|
|7 core courses (7 x 3 credits)||21 credit hours|
|5 specialisation courses (5 x 3 credits)||15 credit hours|
|2 elective courses (2 x 3 credits)||6 credit hours|
|Project paper||6 credit hours|
|HPM7201||Business Environment and Human Resource Management|
|HPM7202||Workforce Planning Management|
|HPM7203||Human Resource Development|
|HPM7205||Total Rewards Management|
|HPM7206||Strategic Human Resource Management|
|Elective – Choose 2 only|
|MGT7101||Managing Operations of Business|
|MGT7105||Business Intelligence and Analytics Systems|
|MGT7106||Digital Business and Entrepreneurship|
|HPM7204||Strategic Human Resource Business Leadership|
|FIN7208||Financial Technology (FINTECH)|