This MBA Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Programme (MQA/PA 15283) provides you with the flexibility to pursue your studies alongside other responsibilities.
By combining industry-relevant content with interactive online learning and digital resources, you will be able to enhance your strategic and managerial business skills at your own pace ready to take the next step in your career.
This programme is carried out completely online and offers students the flexibility of studying from anywhere and at any time over the internet.
Graduates will be awarded a PBS MBA degree and CMI membership.
Disclaimer: PBS reserves the right to change all information at any time without prior notice
Applicants must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 as accepted by the HEP Senate; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment*; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in non-related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 as accepted by the HEP Senate and with relevant working experience**, subject to a rigorous internal assessment*; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in non-related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 as accepted by the HEP Senate and without relevant working experience, subject to passing pre-requisite courses***; OR
- Other equivalent/related qualifications to a Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) recognised by the Malaysian Government.
* Rigorous assessment to evaluate the suitability of an applicant for a programme through statement of purpose, interview and other methods may cover the following criteria:
- Demonstration of strong business experience, and that you have held significant managerial responsibilities.
- Evidence of any achievements in your professional life, for example, consistently performing at a high level, consistent career progression and any impact that you have had on your organisation.
- Professional skills that you have developed, for example, teamwork, leadership, problem-solving, negotiating and analytical skills.
- How you will contribute to your class and what experiences you can bring to the institution.
**Experience can be cumulative experience even before acquiring required qualification for a particular level of study. However, the experience must be relevant to the level of study as well as the content.
***The pre-requisite courses must equip the students with necessary business knowledge (managing people, managing financial resources, understanding customers, understanding environments and strategic planning) of one level lower than the programme level.
Note: In compliance with the latest regulatory requirements (https://bit.ly/MQA2nd – please refer to page 38 & 39) students are required to complete a Pre-Requisite Course (PRC). It is compulsory for students to attend and pass this course before/while pursuing their studies at PBS. The purpose of this course is to equip the students with basic business knowledge in order to prepare them for the programme and students are required to pay a fee of RM 500.00 before registering for PRC. Applicable to those who do not have a business or management background. (Not applicable to exchange students).
ENGLISH COMPETENCY TESTS AND SCORES
|Trimester||No. of Courses|
- Lectures are conducted on alternate weekdays evenings ( 8.00 pm – 10.00 pm).
- There will be 2 weeks of inter-trimester break.
- Study duration is 1 year 8 months.