On 18 – 21 February 2023, the Putra Business School (PBS) PUTRA Student Association (PSA) organised an educational trip to Bandung, Indonesia. The delegation of 11 people was led by PSA Advisor, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ida Yasin and consisted of a mix of PBS MBA and PhD local and international students.
The primary checkpoint of their visit was the Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB). They were cordially received by Head (Bureau of Partnerships), International Relations, Andika Putra Pratarma, PhD.
Other places visited by the group were the Kawah Putih or White Crater Volcano and Dago Dreampark. Students highly enjoyed the opportunity to learn, network and strengthen their bond with one another.
Here are some feedback from the students who shared their exciting experience:
1. “The ITB visit was a really good experience. We learned that [ITB] Entrepreneurship MBA students must accomplish a business venture in order to graduate, which is different from PBS.” Ms. Roszaireen, MBA
2. “It was awesomely fun having to gather people of the same tribe (postgraduate) into a trip as it helps to build a network among them and picked up some new soft skills learnt along the trip.
And a bonus point when the setting of the trip is a combo with an educational visit to a foreign counterpart where we get to learn and exchange some thoughts with them and learn to understand the unique process going through by them when doing MBA in different universities.” – Mr Rafi, MBA
3. “We had a good time on our trip to Bandung because we got to see some of the city’s best tourist spots. White Volcano, Dago Dream Park, City Tours in Bandung, and the Institute of Technology (ITB) in Bandung are some of the places that were seen.
We were able to talk to a few professors, students and people in charge at ITB. I think that in the future, more international university visits could be set up so that students could learn about international university activities and get to know the different cultures of other universities” – Mr Anuar, MBA (Finance), PSA President
4. “A visit to ITB has always been in my bucket list. It sparks my interest when PSA organised this trip. It was indeed an amazing educational trip to this Top University in Indonesia.
So much to learn from what ITB has to offer especially from the School of Business and Management. I was impressed listening to the experience from courageous young entrepreneurs from MBA students majoring in Entrepreneurship.
I hope PSA will continue to actively organise educational trips that covers Business School in ASEAN and beyond” – Siti Nadhrah Abdul Latip, PhD (Management)
5. “I felt honoured to get an invitation from ITB Bandung, Indonesia as a PhD Research Fellow of PBS. I got this amazing opportunity by my beloved teacher A. P. Dr. Ida Md Yasin. ITB is enriched with natural beauty & hopefully offers quality education with highly qualified professors. We appreciate their hospitality and humbleness. I wish we will never forget the sweetest memory of multifarious culture & visiting the nature of Indonesia. They are simply great, especially Dr. Andika Putra. We wish this is simply the beginning of the academic cooperation exchange platform between PBS & ITB” – Rahman Mohammad Masudur, PhD (Management)